Vox Softphone is a SIP-based softphone – Vox Telecommunications (Pty) Ltd trading as Vox Telecom.
Vox Softphone is a standalone softphone and not a VoIP service. A SIP subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls.
VOIP OVER MOBILE NETWORKS
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier’s network restrictions. Vox Telecom will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your mobile network operator for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
The Vox Softphone product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. Vox Telecom will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls. Using the Vox Softphone as a default dialler may interfere with dialling emergency services.
- Available for iOS and Android
- Battery-efficient, using Push Notifications
- Excellent sound quality
- Instant Messaging support
- Video Calling
- Call recorder and player
- Detailed call history
- Native Address Book integration
- Call transfers
- Call forwarding
- Call waiting
- Configurable speed-dial
- Supports iOS 6.0 and later
- Supports Android 2.3 and later
- Audio codecs: G711, G729, GSM, iLBC, G722, Opus
- Video codecs: H263, H264, VP8
- RFC – compliant SIP client
- SIP/SIMPLE support
- udp, tcp, tls-sips and tls-sip transports
- Powerful NAT traversal options (STUN, TURN, ICE)
- DTMF support via RFC 2833, SIP INFO or audio modes
- Configurable QoS / TOS for RTP streams
- Bluetooth headset support
- Powerful diagnostic tools