ICT services, specifically fixed and mobile connectivity, have been classified as “essential services” by the President – and confirmed in the regulations issued under section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act, 2002, on 25 March 2020.
Our government has made it clear that it is an urgent priority to expand and maintain our country’s telecommunications network to allow South Africans to work, study and interact online.
In support of this key directive, we assure customers that we have deployed our organisation’s resources towards ensuring our personnel, infrastructure, policies and procedures are in place. We do this in order to continue to maintain our network, and to install and support our entire range of ICT services, as we are obliged and mandated to do.
Supporting customers is our priority
We are fully operational, and the following critical customer service departments continue to run 24/7:
- Vox Service Centre
- Managed services and advanced customer support desks
- Guardian Eye Nerve Centre
- Vox Core
Installations and projects continue with as little interruption as possible, subject to the enhanced safety policies we have implemented. Where practical, we have introduced remote and self-install options for customers. Our Finance, Account Management and Sales teams are working remotely and continue to service our customers.
Safety practices to keep us all safe
We are uncompromising in our goal to ensure our new customers are provided with services, and our existing customers remain fully operational. We are also steadfast in ensuring the safety of our team and that of our customers.
To this end we have implemented all the policies as directed by our government and institutions such as the World Health Organisation. Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Equipping all our administrative and sales personnel (nationally), to work from home, adhere to the lockdown regulations, and continue their essential functions in servicing our customers and business partners.
- Utilising all the technology at our disposal to ensure the efficient operation of our organisation, uninterrupted communication both internally and with our valued stakeholders.
- Ensuring ongoing levels of hygiene throughout our operation.
- Educating our field personnel, enforcing required personal hygiene practices, and equipping them with the protective gear (masks, gloves and hand sanitiser). These practices ensure the safety of our customers and employees when conducting on-site technical work.
Our priority is the continued safety of our customers, staff and contractors. We ask that our customers provide us with any relevant feedback at email@example.com or at 087 805 0500.