You know the saying – Wi-Fi makes the world go round.
Studies show that globally, there are more than 15 billion Wi-Fi connected products today (for context: South Africa has about 61.53 million people in total here. Think of the biggest crowd you can. Multiply that to include the whole of South Africa – then double it – that’s how many Wi-Fi users exist at any given time). Stable Internet Connectivity is the driving force behind society today – from education to entertainment (we refuse to say “edutainment”), mobile devices, gaming, work, banking, online business and just being a regularly functioning human in 2022 – the average consumer spends more than 8 hours online per day.
Remember when they used to limit our TV time as kids to 1 hour a day? Yeah, those days are gone – sometimes adulthood does have some perks. For many homes, Mobile Data (on cellphones, dongles and LTE packages) is used as the primary form of internet connectivity. What consumers aren’t aware of is the limitations of mobile data as it offers unstable internet connectivity and not to mention expensive data prices. , However with enhancements of internet technology in South Africa, uncapped Wi-Fi using Fibre has become the preferred, cost-effective, and tech-savvy solution of choice for homes and businesses.
Between speed, accessibility, security, and simplified execution, uncapped Wi-Fi has become an essential technological tool as integral to our lives as eating, sleeping, and breathing
We joke, but Wi-Fi and easily accessible Internet has improved our lives in numerous ways. Imagine a world (or a lockdown) without being able to WhatsApp call your family, social media (yes no Facebook or Twitter), Mr Delivery or Uber, online schooling during covid, online shopping, Netflix, emails, working from home or where we still needed Mxit to communicate with our crush (yes, we’re THAT old). Technology, especially access to the internet has served to empower, educate, and enable millions across South Africa. Just look at the workplace of the present – which is a far cry from the offices of yesteryear. Any business that has office space offers their employees a high-speed informational and interactive experience. With access to the internet knowledge is at our fingertips, communication has never been simpler, and whilst in any other era, a hard lockdown would have meant the end of the economy as we know it, our ability to adapt to new means of operating is in large part due to the wonders of connectivity.
In the workspace, there are a many benefits of having high speed internet, including:
- The ability to share files, communicate with colleagues and clients alike, access information both in-person or remotely and facilitate the completion of numerous office-related tasks.
- Increased productivity and better efficiency due to speed and ease-of-access. Add Cloud-based tools to the mix, and you have entire servers being shared – allowing for previously unfathomable levels of collaboration.
- Better customer satisfaction and public relations.
- Ultimately, a boost in profits (because you know that’s what counts), with a proven Return on Investments.
Not enough? Let’s jump to the home, and where Wi-Fi comes in..
- Late hours in the campus library or the long commute to and from school can be tiring and dangerous. Having Wi-Fi at home allows for forms of E-learning and studying in the comfort of your home. Whether work, campus or school assignments or research projects, prepping for your year end exams or just studying hard, you can do so in a safe, controlled space rather than stressing about finding working internet or running out of Data.
- With unlimited internet connectivity, you have the ability to start and run your own business from home
- Unlimited access to social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Access to Voice over Internet services using Zoom, Skype and WhatsApp video calls
- Better Gaming, browsing, entertainment and leisure time – as well as offering features such as parental control, communication, collaboration suites (think Microsoft 365) and the like.
- Added comfort, safety, and convenience – which is always a plus.
You can look at social media, which, through Wi-Fi connectivity, has revolutionised the way we interact and ushered in the first era of a global village in human history – in doing so allowing us to communicate with anyone, anywhere in seconds. E-commerce has redefined shopping experiences, be it ordering takeout or getting your weekly groceries and beyond. Education has seen a similar redefinition, allowing the conventional classroom to become an easily accessible, interactive, and open learning environment. Then there’s online banking and payment, access to information or content on-demand, the transformation of health platforms and gaming becoming a regular part of dinnertime conversation.
The key link in all of this? Wi-Fi – which we can safely say, all things considered, has allowed for the successful transition to the new today.
Sadly, and unfortunately, we live in a country where Wi-Fi and affordable stable internet connectivity is not always easily accessible and available to everyone. Or isn’t it? HYPA Fibre aims to rectify this by offering unlimited, fast, and reliable home Wi-Fi at affordable monthly prices – which has just become even more affordable (if you can believe that one). Yup, we’re currently running a promotion wherein your first month of affordable Fibre cost’s just R19.00 (also known as less than a liter of Coke). Simply sign-up, get connected and get browsing for R19 for your first month. After that? We revert to normal billing, but it’s still on a pre-paid basis, meaning you decide when you need it and when you can afford to pay for it.
Insert Mic Drop.